Table of Contents
- RAW Cost: 10gp
- RAW Weight: 5lbs
- Example Items: Parchment Paper, Ink, Quills, Ruler, Paintbrush
- Crafting Restrictions: N/A
- Mundane Item Crafting: Books
- Magic Item Crafting: Manuscripts, Tomes, and Scrolls
- Artwork Creation: Can create beautiful handwriting that can be used in tandem with virtually any other toolkit.
- QA Artwork Bonus: Artisan is granted a crafting inspiration dice that can be used on themselves or a crafting companion that is working on the same object during that crafting session.
- Structure Building: N/A
- Adventuring Utility: Any written document you create has a more profound impact than it otherwise would.
Calligraphy is a skill that requires a masterful penmanship and a calm hand. They can create the following items:
- Scrolls (non-magical)
- Common written works
- Arcana: Although calligraphy is of little help in deciphering the content of magical writings, proficiency with these supplies can aid in identifying who wrote a script of a magical nature.
- History: This tool proficiency can augment the benefit of successful checks made to analyze or investigate ancient writings, scrolls, or other texts, including runes etched in stone or messages in frescoes or other displays.
- Decipher Treasure Map: This tool proficiency grants you expertise in examining maps. You can make an Intelligence check to determine a map’s age, whether a map includes any hidden messages, or similar facts.
Calligrapher’s Supplies Basic Skill Use Difficulty Table
|Identify writer of nonmagical script
|Determine writer’s state of mind
|Spot forged text
|Forge a signature
For much of the crafting for this skill set and tools, just use the Mundane Crafting rules unless there is something specific that the character wishes to create outside of the normal things.