Table of Contents
- RAW Cost: 5gp
- RAW Weight: 5lbs
- Example Items: Awl, Closing Block, Gouge, Hammer, Last, Latchet, Paring Knife, Needle and Thread
- Crafting Restrictions: None
- Mundane Item Crafting: Footwear for common, costume, fine, and travelers clothing.
- Magic Item Crafting: Small but relevant list of magical footwear.
- Artwork Creation: Can create valuable footwear that sells quickly due to high demand.
- QA Artwork Bonus: Selling Products takes half as many days to find a buyer.
- Structure Building: N/A
- Adventuring Utility: Able to mend the party’s footwear, which depending on the DM could confer a benefit.
To cobble is to cobble and a shoemaker is always welcome in the world of the barefoot. They can make the following:
- Common footwear (shows, sandals, boots)
- Arcana, History: Your knowledge of shoes aids you in identifying the magical properties of enchanted boots or the history of such items.
- Investigation: Footwear holds a surprising number of secrets. You can learn where someone has recently visited by examining the wear and the dirt that has accumulated on their shoes. Your experience in repairing shoes makes it easier for you to identify where damage might come from.
- Maintain Shoes: As part of a long rest, you can repair your companions’ shoes. For the next 24 hours, up to six creatures of your choice who wear shoes you worked on can travel up to 10 hours a day without making saving throws to avoid exhaustion.
- Craft Hidden Compartment: With 8 hours of work, you can add a hidden compartment to a pair of shoes. The compartment can hold an object up to 3 inches long and 1 inch wide and deep. You make an Intelligence check using your tool proficiency to determine the Intelligence (Investigation) check DC needed to find the compartment.
Cobbler’s Tools Basic Use Difficulty Table
|Determine a shoe’s age and origin||10|
|Find a hidden compartment in a boot heel||15|
For much of the crafting for this skill set and tools, just use the Mundane Crafting rules unless there is something specific that the character wishes to create outside of the normal things.