Table of Contents
- RAW Cost: 30gp
- RAW Weight: 5lbs
- Example Items: Block, Crimp, Tweezers, Jacks, Diamond Shears, Puffer, Paddle, Straight Shears
- Crafting Restrictions: Access to a furnace or similar is required. Somewhat DM Dependent.
- Mundane Item Crafting: Handful of relevant options that synergize well with Alchemists, Poisoners, and Brewers.
- Magic Item Crafting: Handful of items. Some home-brew potential with armor.
- Artwork Creation: Very good at creating artwork.
- QA Artwork Bonus: +10 to roll modifier on the “Selling a Magic Item” table.
- Structure Building: Able to assist in structure creation. Number of glassblowers on a project could be limited by DM.
- Adventuring Utility: Able to identify properties of glass and adds proficiency bonus to checks involving the manipulation of glass.
While not necessarily just for glasses, the glassblower is good for windows and any other form of glass object. They can make the following at the start:
- Simple windows
- Arcana, History: Your knowledge of glassmaking techniques aids you when you examine glass objects, such as potion bottles or glass items found in a treasure hoard. For instance, you can study how a glass potion bottle has been changed by its contents to help determine a potion’s effects. (A potion might leave behind a residue, deform the glass, or stain it.)
- Investigation: When you study an area, your knowledge can aid you if the clues include broken glass or glass objects.
- Identify Weakness: With 1 minute of study, you can identify the weak points in a glass object. Any damage dealt to the object by striking a weak spot is doubled.
Glassblower’s Tools Basic Use Difficulty Table
|Identify source of glass
|Determine what a glass object once held
For much of the crafting for this skill set and tools, just use the Mundane Crafting rules unless there is something specific that the character wishes to create outside of the normal things.