Table of Contents
- RAW Cost: 1gp
- RAW Weight: 5lbs
- Items: Carving Knife, Chisel, Mallet, Saw, Gouge
- Crafting Restrictions: None
- Mundane Item Crafting: All non-slashing weapons, Laminar Armor**, several pieces of adventuring gear.
- Magic Item Crafting: Wide list of wooden items
- Artwork Creation: Can create carved wooden artwork such as statuettes.
- QA Artwork Bonus: None
- Structure Building: None
- Adventuring Utility: Can create simple ad-hoc weaponry out of just wood.
If a woodcarver has a sharp object, they are useful in creating many different common items. They can make the following at start:
- Wooden weapons
- Laminar armor
- Common adventuring gear
- Arcana, History: Your expertise lends you additional insight when you examine wooden objects, such as figurines or arrows.
- Nature: Your knowledge of wooden objects gives you some added insight when you examine trees.
- Repair: As part of a short rest, you can repair a single damaged wooden object.
- Craft Arrows: As part of a short rest, you can craft up to five arrows. As part of a long rest, you can craft up to twenty. You must have enough wood on hand to produce them.
Woodcarver’s Tools Basic Use Difficulty Table
|Craft a small wooden figurine||10|
|Carve an intricate pattern in wood||15|
For much of the crafting for this skill set and tools, just use the Mundane Crafting rules unless there is something specific that the character wishes to create outside of the normal things.